Monday, August 23, 2010

Summer Photos

Some photos from around the farm.

Lens flare over straw rows.

Spectacular sunrise over Ontario

My really wonderful wire garden basket

Can you spot the hummingbird? This was taken through the patio door

Cabbage butterfly on echinacea

My little dragonfly friend. This was taken near the pump pond among the kochia weeds.

2 comments:

  1. PJ, nice pics, thanks for sharing! The veggie basket photo looks like it's from a magazine. And the butterfly/echinacea one is especially artsy with the black background and short depth of field. You should enter that one in a contest. And you must have quite a zoom to get that close to the dragonfly, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sis. I do have a great zoom--Nikkor 18-135 mm. I do like how the dragonfly picture came out--what a funny expression on its little face! I took about 2 dozen of the dragonflies but you never know until you come back and upload them to see what you've got.

    ReplyDelete