Sunday, May 31, 2009

Pimentel Letter May 2009

Anne and Roger's darling Miles

Miles is so handsome in his yellow tie

Grandma P. half a century ago

Does this kid look like Grandma P. or what?

Two excessively smart people

Another Dr. in the family

You can't hide from Relief Society forever, Sis! The new R.S. president surrounded by Dr. Pimentels


Dear Family,

We just got back from Georgia where Bret got his doctorate in Music. It was a wonderful occasion! Ron’s Mom and one of his brothers joined us. In music you get a DMA (Doctor of Musical Arts) rather than a PhD. He is interviewing for university teaching jobs, and so is Leslie. She is done with her coursework (Consumer Economics) and is working on her dissertation and hopes to be done in August (or December).

We spent General Conference with Andrea in San Francisco . She just finished up the semester at the Academy of Art where she was teaching 3 classes. She loves teaching! She has a day job at an advertising agency too. We have had the pleasure of seeing Roger, Anne and Miles a few times recently. We do love being grandparents! Roger is doing well at his new job, and Anne is such a wonderful mother! Miles is growing so much! I really look forward to Anne sending pictures every week.

When we were in SF for conference we went to see the Feddocks, and Linda and Genna came down for the festivities. We always love to meet up with other Redd Sisters! We had fun with Patty and Clint here a while back, too. What a cool trip! And Susan and Blair and some of their kids came for Miles’ blessing!

I was feeling happy that I had a nice low key calling teaching the 11 & 12 year old Primary girls, but that didn’t last and I was called as RS President a few months ago. We have been back in the ward for about a year and realized I didn’t know the Sisters as well as I should have! Now I get the chance! It is a busy calling, but I am thankful that I don’t have small children at home. We do have a few difficult situations in the ward, but on the whole it is a good, strong, supportive ward, and it’s not too big.

We love you! Sarah and Ron

4 comments:

  1. The very attractive baby is Miles. He belongs to Roger and Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the letter, Sis. Those callings that are so nice to have don't last long. I was LOVING being Primary chorister but didn't even get to do it for a whole year. Doh! I can see you as being a fabulous RS Pres.

    And you're right, that baby is very attractive! He looks like he has a fun little personality. How could he not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. With your new calling, I'll bet you look just like your baby picture, on the phone all the time.

    ReplyDelete